Panasonic launch the GX7
Panasonic has announced their latest enthusiast-level CSC, the GX7 with a retro-inspired design, new sensor and some fantastic features
Panasonic has today launched the new LUMIX GX7. Revolutionising the GX1, their latest enthusiast-level CSC is crammed full of fantastic new features and old favourites.
With a retro-inspired magnesium alloy body design, the GX7 promises high-performance in low-light, creative control and includes the world’s first tilt-able LVF (Live View Finder) up to a 90° angle, making it easier to compose and shoot from awkward angles.
The GX7 also comes with a brand new 16-megapixel Live MOS Sensor with a Venus Engine image processor for high-resolution stills. A full HD video mode also features, which includes a new Wind Cut function that enables you to record clear audio even at a distance.
There’s an even faster Contrast Auto Focus system too, which will enable you to get pin-sharp shots in all situations. It’s also possible to enlarge an area of the scene before you shoot so that you can ensure precision with the focus peaking feature.
The GX7 even enables users to connect and share their shots while on the go with Wifi and NFC.
Here’s a quick look at the GX7’s top specs:
- NEW 16.0-megapixel LIVE MOS image sensor
- Venus Engine image processor
- Live View Finder that can tilt 90°
- High sensitivity with ISOs ranging between 125-25,600
- Super-fast AF that includes, Face detection / AF Tracking / 23-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing / Pinpoint / Touch AF
- Full HD video mode (1920×1090 50p) with stereo sound and Wind Cut function
- Full manual exposure control
- 22 creative filter effects, including silky monochrome and rough monochrome
- Creative shooting modes including, Creative Panorama, Time Lapse and Stop Motion
- 3” LCD screen
- Stylish retro-inspired design
- Compact size (122.60 x 70.7 x 43.3 mm) and lightweight (402g)
- Wifi connectivity and NFC
We took a sample of the GX7 out on a preview test at Longleat Safari Park yesterday. It certainly lived up to our expectations in regards to image-quality and fast AF. Check out a few of our test shots below to see for yourself.
The GX7 will be available from September in the UK for £819 (body only), £899 (with 14-42mm lens), or £999 (with 20mm lens). For more information on the camera, please visit Panasonic’s website. Don’t forget to check back in Digital Photographer for a full review of the GX7 soon!