World Veterinary Year 2011 Photo Competition
DG SANCO together with the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) have launched the worldwide photo competition “Vets in your daily life” as part of the celebration of World Veterinary Year 2011. Upload your best shots of pets, farm and other animals with a vet in the picture and you could be in with a chance of winning.
The competition will run until the 31st March, when a specialised jury will seek out the most original and exciting pictures. Anyone can enter the contest, from professionals to complete novices. Winners will be selected from five regions of the world. Prizes include photo equipment and a trip for all of the winners to Brussels and Paris, as special guests of the EU Veterinary Week conference and the OIE General Session in May.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 images related to the subject/main theme “vets in your daily life”.
- Pictures will be judged according to the relevance of the image to the subject/theme, the originality of expression, and aesthetic appeal.
- All participants must register for the competition by completing the official entry form.
- All participants must certify on the entry form that the material is their own and copyrights have not been violated.
- Participants must prove that all individuals depicted in the submitted photos have agreed to be used for this purpose. Accordingly, a waiver for this purpose will be available for download on the website.
- All participants must agree to the subsequent use of their photo material by the European Commission and the OIE.
The competition will be open from the 21 January 2011 to 31 March 2011.
For further information and details of the competition specifications and rules or to enter please visit: www.vetsinyourdailylife.org